Wednesday, January 20, 2010

New Years Resolutions Back on Track

New Years Resolutions Back on Track

I will start this blog post by saying that I am not big on New Years resolutions.  Maybe I am pessimistic but I always think that they set me and many of you up for failure.

Case in point, many of the patients in my Chiropractic office in San Diego have already faltered with their new diets and exercise programs for this New Year.  Sometimes they fail with their resolutions simply because the changes involved in their new resolutions are too much of a drastic change from their prior lifestyle.  Others expect too much of themselves on a physical level and end up in my office complaining of neck pain, back pain, sprains, strains and other exercise related pains.  Many people at this point make a comment about how “getting in shape is killing them”.

I always enter the New Year with the thought that I will do just a little better than I did the last year.  This is especially true with diet and exercise.  Although I am a health care professional, I do succumb to the temptations of the bean rice and cheese burrito or the piece of pizza with extra cheese.  Likewise, I find myself getting run down from time to time and I loose my desire to exercise. 

Failing in my diet and exercise are two downfalls that have an immediate impact on my well being.  When exercise goes by the wayside I have less energy, I tier easily and I sleep poorly.  When I blow my diet I feel fat, bloated and most of all guilty.  These responses to failures in my diet and exercise make me wonder why I fail. 

The benefits of maintaining a healthy diet and following a challenging exercise regimen are easily identified.  Following a reasonable diet and getting enough exercise make me feel good! 

That is my health goal for the New Year – to be just a little better than I was last year with diet and exercise.    
 


Writers Bio

Dr. Steven R. Jones is a licensed Chiropractor in the state of California. He received his doctorate from Palmer College of Chiropractic-West in Sunnyvale, California. Dr. Jones has treated his patients for over 15 years at his own San Diego Chiropractic practice.

Dr. Jones is accepting new patients and would be happy to consult with you regarding your chiropractic needs.

Call Steve Jones at

(619) 280 0554

San Diego Chiropractic


Ergonomic Office Equipment Website to learn more about or Buy Ergo Nav, the Ergonomic Mouse Pad
or Visit Ergonomic Blog, "Ergonomically Yours" And read the latest News in the Ergonomic World.

Better Health Steve Jones